About Me

My photo
Beyond just being me, I am a wife, mother and entrepreneur constantly on the hunt for new ideas on how to live my best life. Visit me at www.clementsinteriors.com.

Sunday, April 19, 2009


Good food, good wine and time with friends. There is nothing better in life than spending time and sharing a meal with those you love.

As a girl I was always of the belief that my family was all I had to rely on since I considered myself a bit of an oddball, not fitting in with the kids I went to school with. I certainly was not one of the popular kids and I lived mostly in my head and in my dreams. Then in high school I met a girl named Barb. I'd known her all along but did not become friends with her until we were teenagers. We were inseparable, and she made me realize the value of having a someone who you could share your thoughts and dreams with without the pressure of judgement.

I have since then been blessed with many friends who have supported and believed in me, accepting me as I am, and with whom I have thankfully shared much wine and many great meals. I have said before and think it's worth repeating that I am grateful to have many friends who I consider family and wonderful family members that I call friends.

Share a meal with someone you love! Cheers!
Janice

Pepper-Crusted Steaks with Worcestershire-Glazed Portobellos

4 14- to 16-ounce New York strip steaks (each about 1 to 1 1/4 inches thick)
3 tablespoons black peppercorns, cracked with mallet
2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) butter
4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1 pound portobello mushrooms, cut into 1/3-inch-thick slices

Sprinkle steaks with cracked peppercorns and coarse salt. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
Melt 1/2 cup butter in large skillet over medium heat. Stir in Worcestershire sauce and vinegar. Stir in mushrooms. Sprinkle with salt. Remove from heat.
Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Grill steaks until cooked to desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to plates. Top each steak with 1/2 tablespoon butter. Tent with foil to keep warm. Grill mushrooms until soft and beginning to release juices, about 3 minutes per side. Divide mushrooms among steaks and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment