About Me

My photo
Beyond just being me, I am a wife, mother and entrepreneur constantly on the hunt for new ideas on how to live my best life. Visit me at www.clementsinteriors.com.

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Budget Art!

Adding artwork to your space needn't require a second mortgage!

I created this eye catching collage by purchasing simple clear glass black frames to display old family photos. A decorative clay tile with a favorite quote, hung in the centre of the collage helps to define the theme of the collection while adding a distinct textural feature to the display.

The beauty of using these types of frames is that the clear glass automatically incorporates the wall colour in your room, eliminating what can often be a difficult and confusing decision about choosing matte colours.

Keep the look simple by using one colour or style of photo; try incorporating black and white or sepia prints of current family photos for a warm, antiqued look.

Happy framing!

Janice

1 comment:

  1. Great look! I like the simplicity of the frames, and esp the wall color showing through. I'd never thought of doing something like that before. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete